Why Your Carpeting May Be Dying a Slow Death!
1. Looks Aren't Everything! Modern carpeting is a technological marvel. It was designed to hide dirt and boy, does it do a good job! You can pour a pound of potting soil in one square foot of a quality nylon carpet, rub it in and IT WILL DISAPPEAR! That means all of the junk (dander, fumes, pollutants, germs, bacteria, fleas, etc.) that comes into your house ends up safely hidden in your carpet! Yuck!
2. Dirt, Sand and Grit are Killing it! What would happen if you rubbed sandpaper all over that beautiful clear coat paint on your car... what a disaster that would be! Well, each day I pull pounds of gritty soil out of base of peoples carpets. It's in yours too! And this gritty soil works on your carpet just like sandpaper: it scratches the carpet fibers and dulls it's appearance. This is #1 cause of wear.
3. The "I Can Do-It-Myself" Mentality: Look, I'm all for saving a buck... I really am! But there was a good reason I invested $53,000 in my carpet cleaning truck: It can clean the heck out of carpeting... I mean it gets your carpet really, really clean!
So whatever you rent or buy at the store cannot even come close to getting your carpets clean as our industrial cleaning machine.
HERE'S 3 REASONS WHY:
(1) The water just doesn't get hot enough.
(2) The vacuum leaves behind a ton of water in your carpeting.
(3) The detergents they sell leave a RESIDUE BEHIND that will attracts soil very quickly.
Rental and home machines are great for emergencies: A hot water tank leaks, you have a big, bad spill and so on. And if do have to use one, either use just clean water only or cur the detergent dilution in half.
But if you want to thoroughly and deeply clean your carpet and get all of the junk lying hidden in the base of the fibers, nothing can match the power of our industrial truck-mounted power plant.
4. Your Carpet Warranty: Are You Working Without a Net? Here's what happens if (1) you wait too long to clean your carpet and (2) if you think you can do it yourself: YOU VOID YOUR WARRANTY! If you have any kind of problem with your carpet, you're on your own and the safety of your warranty is gone. The manufacturer won't even talk to you without proof that you have had it professionally cleaned at least one time per year (they recommend more often if you have kids and pets).
5. Traffic Lane Trouble: The longer you wait to clean your carpet, the more soil becomes permanent. It locks onto the fibers, and through a process called "oxidation", the soil bonds with the carpet, permanently attaching to it. You can tell when this happens because the carpet color changes. If you wait too long, you've thrown away the key to unlock the dirt and oily pollutants in the traffic lanes.